Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Allow Me to Introduce Myself


It has been almost two years since I wrote my last “Near Common Sense” column.  I was unceremoniously dumped from the New Bethlehem (PA) “Leader – Vindicator” for suggesting that Americans drive out radical Muslims from our communities.
            That, anyway, was the excuse that the publisher used.  The real reason I was dumped was the fact that I was, AM, will continue to be, extremely critical of President Obama and the Democrats.  I had the AUDACITY to point out how wrong headed and misguided all of the President’s policies and actions were.

            Be that as it may, I have dusted off the keyboard and want to see if the gray matter is still functioning and still capable of weaving “shimmering nets of language” to entertain, beguile and enthrall readers.
            It seems as if the day has gotten late while I have been busy elsewhere.  The world is careening into Tomorrow, there are events upon which to comment, thoughts to share and my vision of the world to open up new vistas for people to enjoy.  I have no idea, right now, how often I will write and post – that will, in some degree depend upon reader response, available time and whether or not I can keep the shadow off of my soul.
            For those of you who don’t know me, I am a Libertarian - Conservative. I am a contrarian. I spent the first 40 years of my life farming and although I have crossed the bridge into the urban, corporate world my roots are still deeply planted in the rich, red clay soil of the hills of my childhood and the values and ethics learned in that long ago world.  I look at life through a slightly wry lens and find humor, beauty and things of interest where others may just see “things”.  I have a deep abiding need to share this view, these images, the wonder of the World as I see it.
            Welcome to Near Common Sense.  I hope that I can find the magic in the words again and that you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment